We’re all hearing the news about the flu season being particularly bad this year. We encourage you to use our easy online booking system to keep your family up to date on vaccinations. But how can prepare your home and family for viral illnesses like cold, flu and COVID? We’ve got plenty of great products to help. Here are our top suggestions to keep in your medical kit at home:
- Thermometer: A digital thermometer to monitor body temperature.
- Pain relievers: Over-the-counter pain relievers like paracetamol or ibuprofen for fever and body aches.
- Cough syrup: A cough syrup or cough suppressant to alleviate cough symptoms.
- Nasal decongestant: Nasal sprays or drops to relieve nasal congestion.
- Tissues: Soft tissues or facial tissues for sneezing, runny nose, and coughing.
- Hand sanitisers: Alcohol-based hand sanitisers (with at least 60% alcohol content) for hand hygiene.
- Disinfectant wipes: Antibacterial wipes for cleaning frequently touched surfaces.
- Face masks: Disposable or reusable face masks to reduce the spread of respiratory droplets.
- Fluids: Stock up on fluids like water, electrolyte solutions, and herbal teas to stay hydrated.
- Honey and lemon: Natural remedies for soothing a sore throat or cough.
- Vapor rub: A topical ointment like vapor rub for congestion relief.
- Soup and broths: Canned or homemade soups and broths for nourishment.
- Ginger and garlic: Ingredients for making homemade remedies, known for their potential health benefits.
- Vitamin C: Supplements or vitamin C-rich foods to support the immune system.
- Entertainment: Books, puzzles, or movies to keep the family occupied during recovery.
Remember to consult a healthcare professional for advice and appropriate treatments based on individual circumstances.